Hi Folks, welcome back to Investment Income For Life. Over the weekend, I was looking at whether there are opportunities to accumulate some additional SREITs that are at a good discount and also dividend yield. From StocksCafe, I noticed that Keppel Data Centre REIT ("KDC") is showing a 6.24% distribution yield at price of S$2.12 per unit.. This seems like a good deal to me and I thought that the recent market price crash for SREITs is giving out some good opportunities.
1. Is the 6.24% Distribution Yield Valid?
Unfortunately not so. The StockCafe system takes into account the early distribution of dividend due to acquisition exercise during the year. Add this on to the system forecast based on historical reference, the system thus ended up with a 6.24% high distribution yield.
Based on the unit price of S$2.12 as at 25 September 2026, this translates to a distribution yield of s smaller 5.4% based on half year annualised of 1st half results of 5.714 cents.
Saying that NAV per unit as of 1H FY2026 is S$1.73 per unit. This is still a massive 1.29 times premium over the latest market trading price of KDC.
How about Ascendas Reit? back to Covid lows
ReplyDeleteHi Bro Damn, that is a good one! Ascendas REIT distribution yield is currently at 6.64% per annum at market price of S$2.26 per unit. Also Temasek is the ultimate sponsor behind it. It it tempting to buy it for me, but I am currently overexposed to Ascendas REIT. Also, in view of the climbing interest rate environment, Ascendas REIT may drop further. I am adopting a wait and see for Ascendas REIT for now.
DeleteHi, what do you think of UHREIT forward dividend yield now of 9.5%?
ReplyDeleteHi Bro, I just updated a post on my latest accumulation. UHREIT forward yield seems to be have improved to close to 10%. Very attractive. If only I do not already hold so much concentration in it. Nonetheless, over past few days I put in over S$2K for a small nibble at UHREIT. May put down another S$5K next week if weakness persist for UHREIT. Wat about you? Will you snap up more units given the fast sudden decline in its unit price?
DeleteUnit price is at a low; management does not appear to intend a buyback, even to signal that units are undervalued. Units will likely stay cheap for a long time; unitholders can only collect distributions, while running the risk of losing capital. UOB earns fees as manager regardless of unit price performance; this misaligns its interests with unitholders'. Its a REIT best to go for an internal manager over allowing UOB to continue managing.
Delete