Sunday 29 December 2019

The Circle of Life Would Not Be Complete Without Death- Treasure Your Loved Ones And Don't Overdo Your FIRE Planning

Recently, I was deeply affected by 2 separate incidents which lead me to ponder again whether I have been spending too much time trying to achieve financial independent instead of dedicating more time to my loved ones around me. It also lead me to appreciate having adequate and the right kind of insurance coverage.

Insurance coverage in financial planning is essential- Do not play with lady luck.
The first incident happened to a close friend who was an avid biker who enjoys riding his motorbike into Malaysia and from there into Thailand and back. My friend told me his love of sight-seeing while riding his bike with the wind rushing by pass his side. He also enjoys going to those motorbike obstacle dirt track to challenge himself and have fun. Throughout the many years, he has accumulated invaluable experience in handling his motorbike and is a well known safe rider. However, just recently, he got into a major accident when another motorbike enthusiast rode his bike into him while on an obstacle track. Both were admitted into hospital ICU with multiple serious injuries. 

Saving and investing non-stop to achieve financial independence and have sufficient resources by retirement age of 65- But what if one dies before age 65? 

No comments:

Post a Comment