Sunday 9 September 2012

Investment Updates

Was extremely busy recently with my new Financial Controller role, hence did not have the time to update the blog frequently. Singapore REITS have performed extremely well over the past 3 months. Based on an average dividend yield of 6.4%, it is offering good values for investors who want to still mop up more Singapore REITS. This average yield is higher than say Hong Kong and Australia of approximately 5%. As for me, I do not think that it is a good time to buy more. Once the herd rushed in, no point joining them for limited upside. 

My portfolio has done well as a result of the strong rally in REITS. Wilmar turned out to be a huge disappointment. But I think the strong management team will pull Wilmar through this difficult time of low market value for it's stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment