Sunday 28 July 2024

Yummy Toast Box is Back!


It has been a while since Toast Box moved out of this neighbourhood shopping mall near my home. I was delighted with the management of Toast Box for re-opening their outlet recently. So lonely Ya Kun Kaya Toast now finally has some companionship at the mall…..haha. 

After my morning jog, I thought that I should support Toast Box and so went there for my breakfast. Originally have a craving for fried bee hoon and wanted to order the set. But I was flabbergasted when I saw the S$9.70 price tag for bee hoon with egg and chicken wing plus a drink. I thought that the last time the set was valued at S$6 plus. So inflation must have hit Toast Box extremely hard perhaps over the past few years?   

4 comments:

  1. BK, been hearing about toast box's insane price increases for many years already. how's the crowd? seems like they do have pricing power for them to jack up prices yet remain in business?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, thanks for dropping by. Surprisingly, there is quite a crowd wor at breakfast, lunch and dinner wor. Think once in a while pple dun mind to pay for the ambience bah.

      Delete
  2. Very strong crowd at seletar mall. Why they have to change to butter bean IDK.
    Looking at the crowd I guess everybody's glad they reverted. Besides Ya Kun.
    I still remember kaya toast set at $4.20. Its been a few years but not that many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Damn, very steady and sharp of you wor....how you know it's Seletar Mall? Whaha. Good that Toast Box is back....else shoppers all form long queue at Ya Kun only. :)

      Delete