Saturday 28 December 2019

Investment Portfolio Updates for December 2019 and Singapore Press Holdings Looks Attractive Again With New Growth Path

There is not much changes since my last update except for paring down of stakes in SingMedical Group and taking up positions over 3 tranches into Eagle Hospitality Trust. I have also moved part of my cash investments into my margin portfolio. My own goal for FY2020 will be to further reduce the volatility of my margin portfolio in order to enhance the resiliency of the dividend/interest income stream against market downturn for this new investment approach. My current overall projected annual recurring income has increased by around 52% using this newly created investment portfolio.

Singapore Press Holdings Looking Attractive Again with additional foray into Student Accomodation.
Currently, I am looking into some projection and stress testing of Singapore Press Holdings "SPH". The recent S$740 Mil investment into student accommodation brings SPH investments to over S$1 billion- this is a substantial foray into the new business. The student accommodation business investment will provide SPH with a new sustainable growth path. Nevertheless, the key risks for SPH are (i) its ever declining media segment that still has not shown signs of stabilising and (ii) poor sales of Woodleigh Residences (as at 30 Nov 2019, it only sold 183 units out of 667 units despite launching and relaunching it) which looks set for potential record of major impairment if SPH still cannot move more units. Will probably share some of my analysis on SPH in another blog posting later on.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 financialserviceoffer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete