DEVELOPER: Oxley-Lian Beng Pte Ltd
LOCATION: 1189 Upper Serangoon Road, 3 min walk to Hougang MRT
TENURE/STATUS: 99 Years
LAND SIZE: 57,047 sqft
Basement 2- Residential Car park
Basement 1- Commercial car park & Supermarket
Level 1-Duplex Restaurant & Retail Shops
Level 2-Duplex Restaurant & Retail Shops
Level 3-Facilities Deck & Residential SOHO Units
Level 4-9-Residential SOHO Units
Level 10-11-Duplex Penthouses
CAR PARK: 162 Residential lots; 87 commercial lots
ESTIMATED TOP DATE:31st December 2018
TOTAL NO. OF UNITS: 160 Residential SOHO units (3.3m high ceiling)
- 1+Study (452sf)
- 2-bedroom (646-667sf)
- 3-bedroom (710-743sf)
- 2-bedroom Duplex Penthouse (840sf)
- 3-bedroom Duplex Penthouse (1292sf)
- 3-bedroom Triplex Penthouse with Roof Terrace(1570sf)
107 Shops (Including Duplex Restaurant, Supermarket and F&B Shop)
- Duplex Restaurant (from 700sf, 55 units)
- Retail shops (322-344sf, 51 units)
- Supermarket (3300sf, 1 unit)
The joy of everyday living comes alive at Midtown Residences! Hougang MRT and bus interchange is a mere 3 minutes walk away. In addition, all amenities are already built up in the mature estate of Hougang Central. So one does not need further elaboration on the excellent location for this development. There are also 2 level of shops planned for this mixed development. Residents thus can enjoy much convenience with shopping downstairs whenever they get bored at home.
Good rectangular design which is efficient space planning. However, the unit sizes are extremely small. For example, 3 bedrooms here are only 67sqm. My sense is that the units available are more suited for rental investment rather than for family living. Good thing is that the units comes with a 3.3M high ceiling hence the volume is increased which makes living in this development bearable by increasing the space available. Mezzanine floor can be built for the bedrooms to make use of the high ceiling. Bedroom on the Mezzanine and study below design is an option to make good use of space.
Interesting Points to highlight
(1) The parking for residents is at basement 2 whereas basement 1 is for shops owners and shoppers. Problem is each unit is entitled to only 1 lot. There may be parking issues for relatives and friends. It will be kind of embarrassing to ask them to park at the HDB multi storey carpark and then walk over to Midtown. But I guess if most of the units are for rental, then the tenants will be relying more on the MRT for transport hence freeing up enough lots for visiting relatives and friends.
(2) Facilities are fairly decent such as a 20m lap pool. There is also a multi purpose court where one can play basketball.
(3) Prices after discount is still at over 1450psf.This is shocking high. However, quantum remains affordable with the small unit sizes. Less than 1 Million dollars for a 3 bedder.
There are actually still lots of potential for further capital appreciation. The huge plot of land near Hougang MRT remains undeveloped. It is being reserved for a Mega shopping mall and residential project.