Thursday 11 July 2024

SREITS and Banks Strong Rally Today (11 July 2024) After Powell Show Power!

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I checked on  the SREITs market today. Not just SREITs but local bank stocks also went up. Looks like the market like Jerome Powell's message on potential interest rate cut which may happen earlier rather than sinking into recession: “You don't want to wait until inflation gets all the way down to 2%, because inflation has a certain momentum,” Powell said. “If you waited that long, you’ve probably waited too long, because inflation will be moving downward and will go well below 2%, which we don't want.” 

I am surprised but delighted to see the surge of 2.86% to 4.76% today for Mapletree Industrial Trust and Mapletree Logistics Trust respectively. I am heavily vested in the Mapletree family of REITs. Let's hope that there will be a sustained rally in price after the long drought.

2 comments:

  1. Great news! Long awaited dew amidst the drought
    BFIRE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah BFire! 3rd market trading day of sustained rally for SREITs.....hope it does not lose steam!

      Delete