Sunday 28 June 2020

PAP Contestant Ivan Lim Gone With The Wind

Am I slow or what? Yesterday, social media and my What's App group of friends were all discussing about the numerous criticism directed at the PAP newly unveiled candidate, Ivan Lim, being an elitist, lack of compassion and his arrogant behavior in the army and at workplace. At first, I was asking everyone who is this Ivan Lim and what did he do as I was very loss on the big hoo-ha going around and then did a "Google search" on it.  

There was even a PAP statement made by Ivan Lim on 27th June 2020 (Saturday) afternoon that he is determined to stay the course and to serve if elected despite the allegations. Then suddenly when I woke up this morning, Ivan Lim was gone. He has decided not to contest in the upcoming general election due to the controversy over his candidacy. 

The criticisms were not made by anonymous keyboard warriors- the identities of the people who posted were known. At the back of my mind, I am wondering how come these folks dare to post on Facebook at the risk of facing defamation suits from Ivan Lim. They must have felt strongly to come out like that against Ivan Lim. To offend a number of people during NS reservist and at work is remarkable. Anyway, we will never know the truth behind the allegations now that Ivan Lim has gone with the wind. I do wish Ivan Lim all the very best for his future endevours and hope he does not get too badly affected by these incidents.  

By the way, do you all believe in karma?

No comments:

Post a Comment