Tuesday 16 May 2023

Personal Updates- Finally Found A "Miraculous Cure" For Irritating Non-Stop Hiccups.

Wow, seems like globally, stock markets are generally super bearish again with stock price dropping like flies with many folks anticipating a world wide upcoming recession. Not much time to blog for the past week as I am simply too busy with my "extra role" doing business development on top of looking after accounting and finance function of my company (for those interested in my tragic career development can read this previous post). Anyway for today, I would like to share this gadget that helped improved my life greatly. I used to suffer from long hiccups episodes at least once or twice every month- it can last for 6-12 hours or even up to 2 days. I have tried various old home remedies such as holding your breath, drinking gulps of hot water or massaging your own diaphragm area but none of it ever worked. 

1.Hiccup and suffering
The worst thing about having hiccup episode is that it makes life unbearable especially when talking to your colleagues at work whereby one suddenly emits a "Hic" shriek at various point of a conversation- it is totally embarrassing. The other irritating aspect is that it can affect quality of sleep as I find myself unable to turn in with the repeated spasms or sudden movements of the diaphragm that you can't control.

2.The surprising solution that WORKS  for me
I was desperate for something that can cure the hiccups fast and began researching. Besides medication on certain muscle relaxant, there are a lot of "cures" listed online such as holding your breath or special massage exercises-but alas, these are just disappointing and never worked. One interesting thing that caught my eye was a device invented by Dr. Ali Seifi, M.D who is an Associate Professor of Neurosurgery and Director of the Neurological Intensive Care Unit at University of Texas. The origin of this device, known as the "HiccAway" was that it was invented to help patients suffering from hiccups due to neurological injuries. Dr Ali Seifi soon realised that this device would not only be beneficial for medical use but also for the common men on the street.

3. The science behind how it works
The HiccAway device works by stimulating 2 key nerves (the phrenic and vagus nerves) responsible for the hiccups thus allowing our brains to reset and stop the hiccups by generating enough pressure to lower one's diaphragm and for the nerves to signal the brain to stop the spams. All one needs to do is to sip some water using this device and one will get nearly instant hiccup relief. It is something like a straw but with huge pressure inside that created resistance when one tried to suck in the water from a cup. Sounds too good to be true right? But then it worked for me miraculously and I am super impressed by it given my long time suffering from hiccup episodes.

Personal experiences using this product
I have been using this device for 1 month plus. There are some exaggeration from the marketing that the hiccups will go away instantaneously after 1 sip of water from it. This is not true. Rather, it may take up to sipping and swallowing 1 cup to even 5 cups of water (depending on the severity of your spams) using this device to gain full relief from the hiccups. There was one time my belly felt like exploding after downing 5 cups of water. I considered this a miracle already given that my usual hiccups timing went down from 6-12hrs to relief in just under 15mins. Anyway, this is just from my personal experience after trying so many home remedies that does not work. Personally, I would think that the success rate of 90% using this device as asserted by the inventor seems to be a fair statement based on my own experiences. For those interested, this interesting "HiccAway" device is available online eCommerce platforms such as Amzon.sg. 

That's all for my sharing today. Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment