Sunday 3 October 2021

Investment Portfolios Updates- (1 Oct'21)- Added More Alibaba Group Holdings And Keppel DC REIT







1. Portfolio 1- CDP held stocks
I have sold off all my stocks in Global Investment Limited (except for the odd lot of 1 share) as it has gained over 30% in terms of capital return. While the share-buy back helps to increase its share price, I do not like it as its management seems to have run out of idea on what assets to invest in and the dividend yield has gone down drastically. I have used the proceeds to switch to Keppel DC REIT and also Mapletree North Asia Commercial Trust. 


2. Portfolio 2- Margin purchased securities
I have invested into Keppel Pacific Oak REIT in view of the better performance among US office REITs and future growth potential. Manulife US REIT was extremely disappointing in terms of its recent results as well as too highly leveraged.

In addition, I have also taken up positions in SPH in early August 2021 as there is visibility of increase in its price by 10% upon completion of the Keppel Corp's offer. Given that Keppel Corp and SPH are all owned by government linked companies, I figured that probability of the deal going through is rather high with less risk. Even if the deal does not go through, I can live with holding on to SPH as its student accommodation business can be further monetized via a REIT offer. Woodleigh shopping mall and Seletar Mall can also be sold into SPH REIT.


3. Portfolio 3 (with Tiger Brokers)- Venture into higher risk as well as capital growth stocks here
While my main approach in investment is towards an income generation strategy as evident from my portfolio 1 and portfolio 2 above, I have also set aside some funds for capital growth. Hopefully, the returns from 1 of these will be multiple fold as a booster to my overall portfolio. 

For Alibaba, I have been adding on to it over the past few months- please see: "The Alibaba Fiasco- Catching A Falling Knife?"

As for Dasin Retail Trust, this is a high risk high reward counter. Basically, its current liability exceeded current assets as the bankers are not willing to renew the Trust's bank borrowings but only extend it till 19 December 2021. Its market price thus has dropped significantly to only S$0.410 per unit at the time of my purchase. My initial investment in this was S$5K as I was optimistic that its new Trust Manager being appointed is a China state owned enterprise listed on HKE and there is a huge potential to see a 100% return in investments by end of the year- please see: "Will Dasin Retail Trust Go Bankrupt And Be Put On Fire Sales? Annualised Distribution Yield at 12.9%."

However, I was flabbergasted when the Managing Director of Dasin Retail announced last week that cash distribution for the half year ended 30 June 2021 has been delayed by a week due to "technical" issue. I am not sure what is "technical" issue. But it may mean that there is no cash available or there is breach of banking covenants which seems to be pointing to the fact that negotiation on renewal of the bank loans are not finalized yet. Hidden skeletons may also soon start surfacing. Hence I decided to just sell off most of it and only retain a S$1K position in Dasin Retail Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment